Problem?

Contact me at arthur_salisbury@hotmail.com

Sunday 9 September 2012

15. Nicky & The Dots - Never Been So Stuck

  1. Never Been So Stuck
  2. Linoleum Walk
Some upbeat, two-and-a-half-minute pop-punk that apparently did quite well in the Indie Charts. The band was formed in 1977 in Brighton by Nick Dwyer and Chris D'Ouseley (art students, naturally) - they released this one single, had three tracks on Vaultage 78, did one Peel session and presumably split up. Honestly that's all I can find on this band, the internet is massively overrated. I think what I like most is that the band name follows the wildly underused "x & the y" formula, but the songs are alright too. Superior b-side, actually. Nicky and at least one other dot were also in a band called Louder Animal Group, who independently released a record I don't own and probably won't buy.

1979, Small Wonder Records

No comments:

Post a Comment